At the time I was hired at the Skirball Cultural Center, the organization was in the midst of a website redesign (www.skirball.org). The organization’s website was built on the Joomla platform and the Audrey’s web store was built on a Joomla plug-in. With the Joomla upgrade implemented on the new website, the web store plug-in would not be supported. Per the IT Department, the goal was to move to an e-commerce software that would integrate with the store’s inventory and POS system, RetailPro.
We made the decision to integrate into the UniteU E-commerce platform. I acted as project manager, doing the following:
- Worked with our IT Director and IT Analyst to ensure the installation of the RetailPro ECI module and that the necessary RetailPro modifications were made (software, system preferences, inventory organization).
- Developed a new navigational structure for both product categories and static content pages.
- Developed wireframes; worked with our Marketing Director, Designer, and my boss, the VP of Special Projects, to develop web designs that coordinated with the Skirball’s branding, were compatible with UniteU’s content management system, fit the store’s content needs, and would be easily maintainable.
- Was the primary contact for our UniteU project manager, coordinating all weekly team conference calls, and UniteU web developer, ensuring that the layouts were coded to match our design mock-ups and were cross-browser compatible.
- Worked with the Audrey’s and Communications and Marketing teams to determine content, as well as write, compile, and edit that content for our category descriptions and static pages: About, Customer Service, Jewish Culture FAQ, Bridal Registry Informational, Mezuzah Informational, Ketubbah Informational, Contact.
- Researched optimal search keywords for all products, product categories, and content pages.
- Wrote and input all product descriptions and additional data not included in the RetailPro inventory; photographed and/or optimized all vendor product images (thumbnails, main product images, alternate and swatch images, zoom images).
- Implemented an asset management structure to store all hi-res product images, using Adobe Bridge.
- Created all promotional layout graphics, banners, and buttons.
- Worked with our Marketing and Social Media Manager to oversee user testing and focus groups.
After the web store launch, I continued maintaining the web store, doing the tasks above as well as compiling a monthly report on web analytics, including visitor/shopper demographics, web traffic trends, referrals/press mentions, and social media traffic. I also have built out exhibition-specific content pages (see Baseman at the Skirball and Women Hold Up Half the Sky holiday pop-up shop).